Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Takes Talent to be this Stupid

My awesomeness astounds me.
Yesterday I..
  • Felt a headache coming on around 4 p.m. and countered it with two Exced.rin migraine pills
  • Left work early because I began to feel worse
  • Got a few blocks away and became remarkably, wretchedly ill
  • Pulled over and waited for it to pass for a while before realizing it was only getting worse
  • Miraculously got home without killing anyone despite the fact that my entire world was spinning like it did when I was 14 and drank half a bottle of vodka
  • Cried because I've never missed a vocal rehearsal before
  • Called Pierre and begged him to run my kids through their songs
  • Laid in bed for hours with the curtains drawn, eyes closed, marveling that everything was STILL spinning
  • Played the "maybe I'll feel better if I puke" game
  • Debated whether or not I was dying
  • Wondered 8,251 times how rehearsal went/was going
  • Remembered the paper that came with the newly prescribed medicine specifically stated that I was not to have aspirin or any NSAIDs, including ibuprofen and acetaminophen
  • Wondered what the freaking fark is wrong with my memory
  • Continued to be agonizingly sick into the night and next morning..still feel awful
  • Realized that being sick for the last however many weeks/months was lovely compared to how bad it's possible to feel if I screw up the med that is supposed to make me feel better
I win the award for "Moron of the Year."  Don't be jealous.  I'm sure y'all have gifts too. 

2 comments:

  1. My talent is falling down in public which usually results in showing my rear end. Literally and figuratively.

    Hope you feel better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweetie, that was a rough day.

    I always try to get down at least 3 full glasses of water when headaches/migraines begin to threaten. It's not a fail-safe, but, surprisingly, it works more often than not to ease the ride.

    Hope you're feeling better today. :)

    ReplyDelete